Sunday, October 26, 2008
Epulse Heart Rate Monitor
Did anyone look at the epulse heart rate monitor on Saturday? I would like to try this monitor out to see if it would hold up with students daily. The idea of not having them wear a chest strap is great. That is the biggest complaint I get while having the students use them. My one concern after thinking the monitor over was how do you clean it? I looked for information online and saw that it can be cleaned with soap and water, but not submerged in water. The monitor has an elastic band that goes around your forearm, but how sanitary is that after a student sweats during a class period. Then, the next student comes in to put it on and is grossed out by it. Also, how sanitary is it if there is not a way to clean it in between each class? Just some thoughts and concerns I wanted to share! I guess there is no perfect answer to heart rate monitors. They all have pros and cons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How about some kind of sanitizing spray that could disinfect the elastic band without submerging it in water?
I am the one that had the epulse monitor in class. From what you are saying, i have the same concerns. I did look at the monitor closely and you can take out the monitor and the sensor but it is hard and tedious. From what i can see it is a great new inovation but it does have its disadvantages (as they all do) I am still in contact with the company and if they come back with some answers i will let you know.
The epulse monitors seem great, but you're right about some of the sanitary concerns! I didn't think about those things initially. Hopefully they will tweak their product in the next few months/year.
Post a Comment