Saturday, October 18, 2008

Electronic Portfolios

Our school has recently changed their senior project to electronic portfolios.  They previously developed a project of personal interest that resulted in a learning stretch.  Does anyone else use this process in their district? How do you feel about an electronic portfolio as a senior project?  The district feels it can be used for general job interviews or possibly in college.  I would like to add information to the portfolio such as a lifetime activity project, fitness plan, etc.  
Any ideas?  It would be a beneficial addition if they were going into the health, exercise science, or PE field to have some kind of project attached.

2 comments:

H. Watts said...

This sounds like a great idea. I never had a senior project in school. In fact, i was in the last class before they put in the senior project. The eportfolio is a great idea. I think that this will be something a lot of schools will be moving towards.

varsityturco said...

I know as a current undergrad, that electronic portfolios are being made and assigned here. I think it is a good idea to get the kids a jumpstart on them before going to college. Even if they make a totally new one, at least they would have a much better understanding on how to make them compared to other classmates. I know making mine was a headache, and it would have been nice to already have had an existing knowledge of them before starting mine while in undergrad.