Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Day of Celebration

After three years of fundraising through our PE club, we have been trying to raise enough money to install a rock wall at our school.  This year we are so close!!!  We still roughly need another $1500 to $2000.  Over the summer I applied for the Highmark grant and just received notice and a check this morning for the total rock wall cost!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooooo excited and wanted to share my excitement with you.  Now we can use the other money for a future fitness center and a field trip we want to take the club members on.    

What a great day!!

3 comments:

SoccerMom said...

Congratulations!!!! That is exciting news. After participating in the adventure class this summer, I know that the kids will just love it. Great job!!!

H. Watts said...

Hey great job. I am starting to apply for that grant this week. Do you have any pointers or suggestions for it?

Kristen said...

That's great news! I have heard that Highmark is very willing to give money and I am going to apply for it for next year. Is there a deadline for the application?